As the weather begins to chill, it seems as if we all crave a bowl of hot soup! Even if you have been using the same recipes for years, you are not going to want to miss out on trying these. These soup recipes include a wide variety of soups with spice, veggies, and so many more fan favorites. It can almost be guaranteed you will be making these all winter long.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Looking for a soup with some spice? This is going to be your best pal. This soup is not known for being the most authentic way to make this type of soup, but it is easy and everyone loves easy!
- Remove all the meat from a Rotisserie Chicken and be sure to save the bones of it for the Stock.
- Chop up an onion, garlic, and zucchini.
- Throw everything into a large pot along with the canned tomatoes, chilies, and other spices.
- The easiest part: cuddle up with a cozy blanket and munch on tortilla chips while the soup simmers.
You might also like: Steal The Show These 3 Holiday Side Dishes
Chicken Noodle Soup
This soup is a classic! Almost everyone has had it! People are always looking for ways to change it up and try different recipes. It doesn’t have any spice, but you can add to your liking.
- Using a soup pot or the largest pot you have, begin to heat the butter or olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is ready, add your onion, celery, and carrots. Let them sit and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent. This will take about 5 minutes. For extra flavor, add garlic and cook for about 1 more minute!
- Add the chicken stock and bay leaves. You will want to bring the mixture to a boil over a high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook until the vegetables are tender and can easily be picked up with a fork. Now, cook about 10 minutes longer.
- Add the chicken, egg noodles, parsley, salt, and pepper. You’ll then bring the soup to a heavy simmer. Place a lid on the pot to keep the liquid from evaporating. Try to manage a low boil but heavier simmer until the noodles are soft and the chicken is warmed through.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.