If you’re looking to enhance the overall appeal of your home, one of the best places to start is by focusing on the exterior. By investing in your garden and landscaping, you can instantly boost the curb appeal of your property. Lombardo Homes has shared some fantastic ideas to help you achieve this transformation.
Why Landscaping Matters
Landscaping plays a crucial role in enhancing curb appeal. It sets the tone for your home and creates a welcoming atmosphere. Investing in your garden and landscaping is a surefire way to improve the overall look of your home. By incorporating these ideas, you can instantly enhance curb appeal and create a welcoming atmosphere that will impress both you and your guests. So, roll up your sleeves, put on your gardening gloves, and get ready to transform your outdoor space into a picturesque haven.
Adding Color and Greenery With Plants
1. Use a border of potted plants: Incorporating a border of potted plants is a unique and practical approach. You can easily swap and update the plants as needed, whether it’s seasonally or when they’ve reached the end of their lifecycle. To create a cohesive look, place the pots against a rock bed that acts as a backdrop. Opt for pots in the same color and style to achieve a sense of uniformity.
2. Trail your home with trellises: If you want to add visual interest to the sides of your home, consider using trellises. Allow flowers like clematis to grow along the trellises, providing a beautiful backdrop for other landscaping elements you might incorporate. This not only adds charm but also helps break up the flatness of your home’s exterior.
3. Use border plants around the perimeter: Maintain a visually appealing exterior all year round by utilizing border plants along the perimeter of your home. Mix both annual and perennial plants, along with evergreen bushes, to ensure consistent greenery and fill any gaps between other plants. This approach creates a lush and well-maintained appearance.
4. Create shapes with flower beds: If you have trees or larger bushes in your yard, consider creating flower beds around them. This adds a refined look that showcases your intentionality in the design. To create intrigue, use specific shapes such as circles or squares, especially if your focal point is a bush trimmed into a specific shape as well.
You might also like: Ways To Keep Your Brain Active This Summer
Adding Structure with Hardscaping
In addition to garden ideas, incorporating hardscaping elements can further enhance your home’s curb appeal. Here are a couple of suggestions:
1. Create a lamplit walkway: Illuminate the path leading to your front door by lining it with solar-powered lamps. This not only adds a touch of ambiance but also ensures visibility for late-night drivers passing by. During the daytime, you can maintain the visual appeal by placing small plants between each light, creating a seamless transition from day to night.
2. Add large fixtures such as fountains or birdhouses: These eye-catching elements not only contribute to the overall aesthetics of your garden but also provide a focal point. A fountain can create a soothing atmosphere, while birdhouses attract wildlife and add a touch of whimsy.
3. Install window boxes: Window boxes are an excellent way to introduce color and texture to your home’s exterior. Choose plants that complement the style and color scheme of your house. Whether you opt for vibrant flowers or lush greenery, window boxes are a simple and effective way to enhance curb appeal.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.